Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 20, 2014, 05:09:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery life  (Read 6327 times)
Musicfreak1988

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 09:50:22 AM »

yeah ,good idea about unplugging after s/check but changing at 7.5V could mean every 2 months.that quite a few batteries.

I play regularly (studying bass at the conservatory and doing about 70-100 freelance gigs a year) and I change them approx. every 6 months. Sometimes even longer. It only occurred once that a battery died on me. I also always take a screwdriver and a spare battery to a gig. Plus you always can pull the VTC knob to go passive if it happens in the middle of a gig.
bassface

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 12:50:03 AM »

7 bux here in australia for premium battery. still, not an issue.
Skactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »

I recommend replacing the battery at 7.5 volts.
You will get longer battery life if you unplug your bass after soundcheck.

Roger

Maybe this is a dumb question: if I push to passive mode after soundcheck, will it stop draining battery until I pull it back to active?...

Last gig I forgot to unplug my bass (and I knew that my batteries were near death) so I got out of batts on the second or third music... :/ was it going to last if I got it into passive after soundcheck?...

Sadowsky M5-24 + EA iAmp 500 + EA NL210
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:51 PM »

I recommend replacing the battery at 7.5 volts.
You will get longer battery life if you unplug your bass after soundcheck.

Roger

.... question: if I push to passive mode after soundcheck, will it stop draining battery until I pull it back to active?...

It is my understanding that closing the circuit (cord plugged in), will draw juice from the battery. You must remove the plug to disengage the battery.
B.

*Fingers On Flats*
Skactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »

Thanks!

Sadowsky M5-24 + EA iAmp 500 + EA NL210
clamarb

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 09:30:21 AM »

I only use lithium  batteries in my bass and all other gear. I've had the same lithium 9v duracell in my bass for about 1 1/2 years. I measured it recently, just below 9 v. Lithiums cost quite a bit more than regular alkaline, but last 4 to 5 times longer. and starting voltage on a lithium 9v is about 9.4 volts. I also use lithium AA in my wireless Line6. On the street , the 9v can cost around $10 each (usually find them in Home Depot or Lowes as Fire-alarm batteries). But I buy them in quantity off of ebay  12 or more in pack, you can get them as low as $4.50 each with6 or 7 years shelf life remaining.  Everyready advanced Lithiums are my first choice for my gear, when I can get then cheap.

And I might add....I've played over 70 gigs so far this year with that same battery.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:32:38 AM by clamarb » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: