Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 01, 2014, 01:57:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat EQ  (Read 2618 times)
Lorenzo

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2011, 02:38:35 AM »

This will be a glimpse of the blindingly obvious to most forumites I guess. I have had a 24-fret just over a year but it is only recently that I tried setting the amp eq and on-board tone ctrls completely flat. Wow. It's like a new bass to me. Fantastic
Bikeplate
Global Moderator

Man on a Mission!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »

Hi

Very cool.  I always use the preamp on my bass but usually set my amps without much eq. 

Rob

Sadowsky Endorsed Artist
kkozy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 08:02:07 AM »

Couldn't agree more!  The amount of tone shaping at your disposal on a Sadowsky bass is just fantastic!!
Gerard Burick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 11:08:36 PM »

Flat is fun.  I can't resist grabbing certain portions of midrange and boosting them a bit.  I usually roll some of the very high end of the treble some.  I like my on board EQ flat, or boosted some.  I actually like both, so I change it up regularly.

Keeping the Theory Alive since 2002
Gerard Burick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »

Forgot to mention that Sadowsky basses have my favorite on board preamp sound.  You can dial up the bass and treble and not lose any tone or gain noise.  I don't spend all day tweaking my knobs, like I have had to in the past with other active basses.  Also sound really delicious unplugged!

Keeping the Theory Alive since 2002
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: