Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 24, 2014, 04:27:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sadowsky LTD's J. Black = Fender's Jay W. Black ?  (Read 9372 times)
intel2001

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2011, 03:49:32 AM »

Hi guys,
I have a plan of buying Sadowsky's early model. Back of the headstock, there's a name "J. Black & R. Sadowsky"
But I wonder if 'J. Black' is same builder as Fender's Jay W. Black.
Is there anybody who knows about this ?

IntenseJim

I <3 pow, boobs, and Sadowsky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »

Same guy.

Jay worked with Roger and then went to Fender.

"I think the only repeat customer we have ever had is some Dr schmuck out in Reno." --Roger
intel2001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 03:18:15 AM »

Same guy.

Jay worked with Roger and then went to Fender.

I see, thanks!
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 08:18:27 PM »

I knew J.W. Black from the 70's as he was a customer of mine when I ran the repair department at Medley Music in PA.  J. moved to the midwest and worked at a repair shop for several years.  I brought him to NY to help me in 1984 when I was building guitars for Prince.  In the fall of 1985 he moved to NYC to work for me full time.  He departed in 1989 and worked for many years at the Fender custom shop.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
intel2001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 07:12:00 AM »

I knew J.W. Black from the 70's as he was a customer of mine when I ran the repair department at Medley Music in PA.  J. moved to the midwest and worked at a repair shop for several years.  I brought him to NY to help me in 1984 when I was building guitars for Prince.  In the fall of 1985 he moved to NYC to work for me full time.  He departed in 1989 and worked for many years at the Fender custom shop.

Roger

Thank you for this history.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: