Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
April 21, 2014, 12:33:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody have a Sadowsky with the Tiger's Eye finish?  (Read 4270 times)
HenryD

Himynameishenry

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »

What color is the back of your bass?

OK, probably a weird question, but for some reason I recall seeing a pic of a Sadowsky with a Tiger's Eye finish on the front, but the back looked like it was '59 burst.

Thanks!
IntenseJim

I <3 pow, boobs, and Sadowsky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 08:11:02 PM »

Same as the front but sans burst.

Not a bass but it's tiger's eye burst:

"I think the only repeat customer we have ever had is some Dr schmuck out in Reno." --Roger
bikeplate
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:40:36 PM »

HI

Mine is tiger eye on the front, '59 burst on the back

Rob

HenryD

Himynameishenry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:50:31 AM »

Thanks guys, so I'm guessing the finish on the back is another option.
MarkyMarc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 06:53:11 AM »

HI

Mine is tiger eye on the front, '59 burst on the back

Rob

Rob, that's an incredible-looking bass!!!  Just beautiful.  Is the neck curly maple?  Gotta say I love the black hardware too.

Marc

Metro Hybrid P/J 4 | Boss ME-6B | Warwick Sweet 15 combo
"If the sh!t fits, wear it" - Donald "Duck" Dunn
bikeplate
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 04:16:26 PM »

HI

Fretboard is birds eye maple.  Thats a Will Lee model, actually

Rob
Joeykun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:35:21 AM »

Yes, it seems the standard back color is 59 burst on the Tigers Eye. My Will Lee has the 59 burst as well.
You can always request another color option for the back. But, the 59 Burst looks cool! I can only see a
gloss black as another color option that would work with the Tigers Eye.

Endorsing Artist: GENZ BENZ / SADOWSKY
www.joeykun.com
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 03:45:40 PM »

The reason the back finish is different is because the top on the Tiger's Eye is stained before the bursting is done.  The back would look horrible if it was stained.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
rmayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 09:51:25 AM »

My Tiger's Eye Burst Standard 4, completed in Nov 2008. The back is a solid brown, definitely not a '59 burst. On every Jazz bass I've ever owned, I'd pan a bit towards the neck pickup to get a fatter sound. This P/J setup is my dream bass, weighing in at 7.45 pounds. If you pan all the way to the P pickup, you have a Hybrid P. I recently added an NYC 24 fret with soapbars, I think I have most sounds covered with this duo. Compliments to Roger, Kevin and the entire crew for making some of the finest basses on the planet.
*added 3/20/11. I recently swapped the soapbars in my 24 fret for Nordy Big Singles. To quote George Takei "OH MY!!"
They kick some serious butt. Nice combination with my P/J, I'm still thinking about the "next" Sadowsky.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:07:27 AM by rmayer » Logged
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 10:26:07 AM »

My Tiger's Eye Burst Standard 4, completed in Nov 2008. The back is a solid brown, definitely not a '59 burst. On every Jazz bass I've ever owned, I'd pan a bit towards the neck pickup to get a fatter sound. This P/J setup is my dream bass, weighing in at 7.45 pounds. If you pan all the way to the P pickup, you have a Hybrid P. I recently added an NYC 24 fret with soapbars, I think I have most sounds covered with this duo. Compliments to Roger, Kevin and the entire crew for making some of the finest basses on the planet.

That's a classy looking bass, I like the fact that the back is all dark with no burst.

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: