Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
April 16, 2014, 11:49:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Metro Ultra Vintage - 70's - who's got one? Feedback?  (Read 2582 times)
Bassplayingoalie

Playing the P-Bass with Gifts of Praise

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2011, 09:43:15 PM »

I am looking to buy my first Sadowsky bass and I have my choice narrowed down to either a metro P/J 4 string or a metro Ultra Vintage 70's.  My main bass is a Fender 1974 with a badass 2 bridge, other than that it is stock.  Any feedback will be helpful.  I saw a ultra vintage on e-bay and was close to picking it up but I was on the fence.

Thanks.

Playing in the pocket since 1981.
Gerard Burick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:34:21 PM »

I have yet to run into any Sadowsky bass, NYC or Metro, that I don't like.  I own two NYCs and have played many Metro basses. 

If I'm not mistaken, we can't put basses for sale in these forums.  Keep an eye on Talkbass, Ebay and the Sadowsky In-Stock page!  You never know when that sweet treasure of a bass will show up! 

You can always call the shop.  Everyone there is friendly and they're always happy to help steer you toward the perfect Sadowsky bass! 

Keeping the Theory Alive since 2002
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:12:27 AM »

I am looking to buy my first Sadowsky bass and I have my choice narrowed down to either a metro P/J 4 string or a metro Ultra Vintage 70's.  My main bass is a Fender 1974 with a badass 2 bridge, other than that it is stock.  Any feedback will be helpful.  I saw a ultra vintage on e-bay and was close to picking it up but I was on the fence.

Thanks.

I you're not an slapper go for the PJ. you'll love it.

If your primary goal is to get a killer slap tone I'd go JJ. Don't get me wrong, Pjs can get a great slap tone, but IMO something gets lost on the G & D string pops.

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
Bikeplate
Global Moderator

Man on a Mission!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 10:15:34 PM »

Hi

Ive owned both and still have a metro pj.  Both are killer.  The pj is a precision body with a jazz taper neck.  Its a swiss army knife kinda bass.  Works at any gig!  Killer P tone, awesome blended tone.  

The uv's are full size J bodies.  The pickups are in 70's positions like ur bass.  Jazz taper neck with blocks and binding

Both basses have hum canceling pu's.  You can always go to singles with the UV.  Both have the same bridge, tuners, preamp.  All new metros have the VTC standard.  

If you want something a bit different from ur jazz, Id go pj.  If you want a killer jj, UV!!

Rob

Sadowsky Endorsed Artist
gillento

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 12:58:40 AM »

I have a rev.PJ5 and a UV70-ASH-5 right now.
Me too I like the PJ better (although having played almost exclusively J for years).

If someone might be interested in a UV5 string, he might have look in the international classifieds on TB or on basschat.co.uk  Cheesy

--------------------------------------
performance starts with conviction
www.loes.lu
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: