Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
November 23, 2014, 09:38:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jim Hall Model - Bridge String Spacing?  (Read 5089 times)
Steve Berger

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »

I haven't had an opportunity to play one yet, but I am intrigued that the Jim Hall model has a 1 3/4"  neck width at the nut as that is what I am used to with my flat top acoustics. My question is: what is the string spacing at the bridge on the JH guitar. Measured from center of the low E string to the center of the high E string at the bridge. If someone who has a JH model knows or could measure it and let me know I'd appreciate it very much. 
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:04:24 PM »

String spacing at the bridge is 2-3/32".

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Steve Berger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 01:22:46 PM »

String spacing at the bridge is 2-3/32".

Roger

Thanks Roger. I'm sure 2-3/32" is great for many players and conforms to Jim Halls requirement. Unfortunately it is probably a deal-breaker for me as I was hoping for a bit more space (2-1/4" would have been perfect, 2-3/16" at a minimum.)

How about on the SS-15. Is it also 2-3/32" at the bridge (with the 1 3/4" nut width)?   
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 02:04:02 PM »

Well, you have opened up the ol' can 'o worms:

I could make you a custom bridge saddle at 2-1/4" but then the strings will be hitting the outer edge of the pole pieces on the pickup and the strings will be lying closer to the edge of the fingerboard than I would like.   All of our models are the same in regard to fingerboard width and string spacing at the bridge.

Roger

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 02:12:02 PM by Sadowsky » Logged

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Steve Berger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »

I could make you a custom bridge saddle at 2-1/4" but then the strings will be hitting the outer edge of the pole pieces on the pickup and the strings will be lying closer to the edge of the fingerboard than I would like.   All of our models are the same in regard to fingerboard width and string spacing at the bridge.

Roger

Thanks Roger . . . I certainly understand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: