Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
September 17, 2014, 05:36:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there auothorized repair shops? Plex  (Read 2852 times)
BigBear1960

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:03:30 AM »

I am putting my nickles together to buy a Sadowsky bass. Which one, I am not sure yet. I live in Singapore and travel back home. I have scoped out the shops here. There is no shops here I would feel comfortable with working on my bass. My question is are there any shops in the San Francisco that know how to do a proper setup on a Sadowsky? should I avoid a shop that uses a Plex machine?
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 08:04:13 AM »

I'd never put my Sadowskys under a PLEK machine. Their necks are so good and the truss rods work so well that they al most setup themselves  Grin

I am putting my nickles together to buy a Sadowsky bass. Which one, I am not sure yet. I live in Singapore and travel back home. I have scoped out the shops here. There is no shops here I would feel comfortable with working on my bass. My question is are there any shops in the San Francisco that know how to do a proper setup on a Sadowsky? should I avoid a shop that uses a Plex machine?

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
J.C. Spradley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 11:52:56 AM »

Roger sums up his thoughts on the PLEK machine in this post from his blog.

My thoughts on PLEK http://sadowskyguitars.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-thoughts-on-plek.html

Beyond a simple setup I doubt you'd need anything so drastic done to your Sadowsky.
bikeplate
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »

HI

Roger has a short list of repair people he trusts from years of knowing them.  Id email him at the shop.  He'll steer u in the right direction

Rob
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »

My question is are there any shops in the San Francisco that know how to do a proper setup on a Sadowsky? should I avoid a shop that uses a Plex machine?

In the Bay area, I recommend Gary Brawer's shop (415) 621-3904.  He has a PLEK but there is no reason to avoid him for that :-).

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
BigBear1960

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 12:49:50 AM »

Thanks all for the reply. I almost have all of my nickles.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: