Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 31, 2014, 02:28:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SS-15! Newest Archtop  (Read 15360 times)
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2010, 12:12:29 PM »

The SS-15 is the newest member of the Sadowsky Archtop family.
The all acoustic brother of the Semi-Hollow, the SS-15 features the same body as the Semi, but is all acoustic with traditional jazz guitar appointments and styling.  The thin body provides a more immediate acoustic response than it's bigger siblings with no compromise to the SS-15's amplified tone.  The 1-3/4" nut width and 14 frets to the body give the SS-15 a familiar comfort to any jazz guitarist.   For the touring guitarist, the SS-15 is a perfect size for overhead airline bins and is more roadworthy that solid wood instruments.

SPECS:
14-3/4" body
1-3/4: body depth
5-Ply Laminate Flame maple contruction
24-3/4" scale length, 14 frets to body, 1-piece mahogany neck
Ebony fingerboard with 1-3/4" nut width
Abalone Cat's Eye inlays
Ebony bridge, pickguard and tailpiece
Sadowsky True-Tone compensated ebony bridge saddles.
Ivoroid binding
Black hardware
Custom wound vintage PAF style pickup with black cover
Price: $3975 w/hardshell case

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:52:00 AM by Sadowsky » Logged

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
jazzgtrl4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 03:59:59 PM »

Wow, thats killer Roger. !
Dbass60

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 04:20:37 PM »

Beautiful guitar  and all the best with this new addition to the Sadowsky family....
IntenseJim

I <3 pow, boobs, and Sadowsky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 08:28:14 PM »

Niiiice!

"I think the only repeat customer we have ever had is some Dr schmuck out in Reno." --Roger
soupcon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 10:28:38 PM »

looking forward to that nut width .... Smiley
docbop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 12:19:53 AM »

Boy that is an amazing instrument.  Being a LARGE guitarist the thin hollow body is attractive to me.  Then being I play sitting down most the time the small body would be another advantage.   

Dam I keep saying I won't sell my Modern 5 bass, but seeing that guitar is real tempting. 

Congrat's Roger on another fantastic instrument!
jalapeno

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 03:15:35 AM »

Mmmmm I like that !  Cool
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 04:20:44 AM »

The SS-15 is the newest member of the Sadowsky Archtop family.

There aren't a lot of instances that provide me the opportunity to say "synergy". But the overall effect of this design is a perfect example. Congratulations Roger. That is stunning!
B.

EDIT: I also consider the mention of understatement as a greatest of complements. Just MHO. I can't stop looking at this photo!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 02:23:05 PM by P. Bass » Logged

*Fingers On Flats*
jazzgtrl4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »

looking forward to that nut width .... Smiley

says right there

"Ebony fingerboard with 1-3/4" nut width"
Bluesycat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 07:10:49 PM »

THIS ONE JUST SCREAMS BUY AND PLAY ME!!! VERRRY IMPRESSIVE!!
croth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 11:12:48 AM »

I am fortunate enough to own one of the early production models of the SS-15, the only difference that I'm aware of is that mine has a 1-11/16 nut.  It is a truly fine guitar. Here's mine. Click on it to enlarge it...

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:18:30 AM by croth » Logged
AllenL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 03:23:20 PM »

I am fortunate enough to own one of the early production models of the SS-15, the only difference that I'm aware of is that mine has a 1-11/16 nut.  It is a truly fine guitar. Here's mine. Click on it to enlarge it...

Hi Carl,

One more thing....ours join the body at the 15th fret versus 14th will the new production runs.
croth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 06:04:47 PM »

Hi Carl,

One more thing....ours join the body at the 15th fret versus 14th with the new production runs.

Oh yeah, I knew there was one other thing but couldn't remember what it was!    Grin Thanks Allen.     
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 07:35:03 PM »

That's a FINE looking guitar !  (PS: there's no up charge for a larger photo  Grin ) Got any more? Don't be shy bro.
B.

*Fingers On Flats*
croth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 06:21:59 AM »

That's a FINE looking guitar !  (PS: there's no up charge for a larger photo  Grin ) Got any more? Don't be shy bro.
B.

Actually, I tried to upload the photo I have on file, which is a large one, and the server rejected it as too large. So go figure...I actually had to email myself my own photo, as my email program gives me the option of reducing the size before sending, then uploading the reduced-sized photo to photobucket, and then linking that here. So, this is what you got!  It does enlarge if you click on it, but not to the size of some of the others. It seems that, for some reason, I no longer have any photo-manipulating software on my computer!

Thanks for the compliment however. I too think it's a fine-looking guitar and I love the color. AllenL's is a little different than mine, but beautiful too.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: